Monday, May 9, 2011

Early Morning


Let's go for a walk.

Please use your God given imagination and sit back and enjoy.

Just imagine you awaken ever so early in the morning.

Everyone else in the house is sleeping. So you tiptoe out the door.

You are in your bare feet. They are getting all wet in the grass. There is only soft grass and sand to walk on.

You go down the pathway to the garden gate. It squeaks as you open it. You look back at the house to see if anyone else heard.  It looks like no one did.

So you go on the pathway. It is still foggy and not quite light.  The dew is still on the roses. The air is thick with the sweet smell of them.

It is so quiet and peaceful.

You turn around and there in the shadows you see a man. He startled you for a moment but you are really not afraid. As the fog begins to lift you see him more clearly. You still do not know  who He is until He says your name. It is Jesus ....... The Son of  God.

He speaks and the sound of His voice makes your heart so full of joy. You notice the birds have quit singing so they can hear Him too.

He holds out His hand and invites you to come and walk with Him.  You eagerly take His hand. He says to you, "Child, I know you. I know everything about you. I know when you sit down and when
you rise up. I have numbered every hair on your head. I knew you before you were conceived. I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live. I made you fearfully and wonderfully. It is my desire to lavish my love on you. I give you good gifts from above. I am your provider and I meet all of your needs. My plan for your future has always been filled with hope. I love you with an everlasting love. I rejoice over you with singing. I will never stop doing good for you. If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me. Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart. I am your greatest encourager. When you are broken hearted, I am close to you. I died for you. I am the way the truth and the Iife. No man comes to the Father but by me. Will you trust only me? Will you come to the Father? If you come home I'll give you the biggest party ever. Nothing will ever separate you from my love again."

You want to stay in the garden with Him but He says you have to go. He says come back tomorrow morning and He will meet you there in the same place in the garden so you can walk with Him and talk with Him and He can tell you you are His own.

The joy you share with Him is so great it spills over into the rest of your day. You look eagerly toward another morning so you can again go to the garden early in the morning to smell the roses and walk and talk with Him.

You come back up the path and through the squeaky gate. You find all of the family is up and getting ready for the day.

The smile on your face is indescribable. Others notice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! It's like you painted a picture with words. Thank you.