Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Anniversary


Happy Birthday,  Happy Anniversary,  Happy anniversary of our new home and so many more happy days to remember.   Happy first day of school and happy graduation day. 

But there are some other anniversary days that just kind of creep up on us.  Let’s talk about these days. 

Last week a young friend said she was feeling a little bit in the doldrums.  She could not figure out what was going on in her life.  It seemed that she has all her ducks in a row.  But she could not shake that ‘down’ feeling.    When she finally wrote the date she realized it is this month.  “Oh, goodness”, she said.  “ My mom died this month.”   She had forgotten but her body had not forgotten. 

This week, I was visiting with friends and we got on the subject of our divorces.  Not a typical topic.  The next morning I woke up so dizzy and sick.   Dizziness is connected to fear.  After visiting with a counselor friend of mine I began to feel so much better when we were able to connect my fear with this month. 

This month was the month of my divorce and it seems in my dreams I became fearful of the same thing  happening to me again.   I thought all of that ‘stuff’ was behind me.  But down deep in my bad dreams it came forward again. 

When it was pointed out what was happening in my heart I consciously chose to look to God and to put the past in its place.  Behind me. 

  • I choose to not think of those things again.
  • I choose to not feel the pain and heart ache again. 
  • I have so much more to look forward to. 
  • My husband is faithful and true and I am content in his love. 
  • My God is faithful and true and I am content in His love.      

As I go to sleep I ask God to protect my dreams from the fear that only comes from the evil one and to allow only good things to come forward in the night.  I trust Him to protect me. 

So we are talking about these anniversary days in an effort to suggest to you that someday  you may feel a bit down and not be able to figure out why.  Maybe as you  look at the calendar and you will remember a time or a date that is significant in your life.  The death of a loved one or a day that caused you to feel sad or mad.  When you realize it is anniversary reaction to something from your past you will be able to put it all in its proper place and move on toward the future in a wonderful way. 

Philippians 3:13 (New Living Translation)

No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,

Trust God in all that you do.  Know He has your life planned out for you if you are willing. 

Have a great day.  Sue  

No comments: